On January 18, 2012 Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Republic of India to the Russian Federation, H.E. Mr. Ajai Malhotra, together with Dr. Rama Swami Bansal, Consellor (S&T), Embassy of India, Moscow (Russia), visited the Moscow Unit of Russian-Indian Science and Technology Centre.
Mrs. L.I. Kornaukhova, RISTC Moscow Deputy Director, showed the guests around the Centre, offered the guests first-hand view with its infrastructure and equipment, and introduced the staff.
RISTC Director General, Mr. S.Y. Sukonkin, informed the distinguished guest on the RISTC Moscow Unit activities in 2010-2011.
Among the topics discussed during the visit there were interaction between RISTC Moscow and Delhi Units, comprehensive informational support to the concerned companies, enterprises and institutions, Joint Plan for 2012 and a number of other issues regarding RISTC work.- Participation in scientific & technological projects
The proposed Joint Plan for 2012 that includes the issues listed below was approved by the Indian side:
- Participation in international research and practice forums
- Organization of presentations of innovative technologies, equipment and advanced products of Russian and Indian scientists and engineers
- Initial forming of the database of Indian products ready for commercialization: scientific developments, technologies, know-how – jointly with Delhi Unit of RISTC.
- Participation in High Technology Forum in Delhi
- Participation in the international exhibition in Mumbai in March 2012
- Participation in BRICS summit in Delhi
- Holding video-conferences
H.E. Mr. Ajai Malhotra expressed satisfaction with the visit to the Centre and the outcome of the meeting. He promised to provide extensive support to RISTC and invited the participants of the meeting to the ceremony of RISTC Delhi Unit inauguration.